2nd place refunds are really common – there’s usually a few per week. They are a staple, ongoing food source for any serious Matched Bettors diet. Get good at these and they’ll make up a good chunk of your monthly earnings.
Each of the bookies have slightly different conditions but basically all 2nd Place Refunds work like so…
- To qualify, place a Back bet on a horse with a bookmaker. Usually the bookmaker will specify whether there is a specific race or racecourse where the offer is applicable.
- Lay the opposing view by placing a Lay bet on the same horse at Betfair.
Follow-up – If My Horse Came 2nd
- The optimum outcome is for the horse to finish 2nd because you’ll receive a refund in the form of a free bet.
- Use the Oddsmatcher to find a suitable Matched Betting Opportunity and use the Oddmatcher calculator in ‘Stake Not Returned’ mode.
- Place a follow up Back bet and Lay the opposing view with Betfair.
Follow-up – My Horse Didn’t Finish 2nd
If the horse doesn’t come second, your Back bet and Lay bet will cancel each other out. Look out for more 2nd Place Refund offers – the more you do, the better you’ll get at them.
There are a number of bookies which run this offer. The most popular races are the channel 4 races on a Saturday, however some bookies offer this promotion during the week. Look out for the offer in the horse racing thread on the existing offers section. The most popular bookmakers who offer this promotion are:
- William Hill